A growing child needs a good night's sleep. For a good night sleep the kid needs the right 'children's bed'. Parents have to consider the age and weight of a child while buying a kids furniture. Transition from a cot to bed should happen between the ages of 18 to 36 months, after that a child needs a proper bed and a proper mattress. Scientifically a child's spine grows up to 1.5 centimeters at night which comes from intervertebral discs in between their vertebrae filling up with water. So, mattress has to be soft for them to be comfortable in, yet firm enough to prevent them from completely sinking into it. For a toddler, it is essential to buy a bed with a frame so that they don't roll out while they are sleep. The type of designer mattress used for the toddler's bed should also be considered. The mattresses should provide proper support for the growth of the body. It should be noted that the spine and the neck should be in a neutral position while sleeping so that it does not restrict the growth of the spine and also helps to minimize stress.
It is necessary that the bed should always be kept clean. Clean bed sheets and pillow covers should be used to remain healthy. Various diseases like asthma, dust allergies can aggravate if the beds are not kept clean or the sheets are not changed often.
By law, all beds should be treated for dust mites before it's sold. However, it does not mean that it won't develop after few years of using it. Therefore, children'sbed as well as kid's bedroom should be free from dust to prevent allergies from occurring.
Mattresses should be replaced regularly. Between the ages of 0 to 10 change the mattress every three years and between the ages of 10 to 20 every five years.
Some of the things that should be considered while choosing a luxury bed for kids are:
- Parents should ensure that the children's bed does not contain any toxic paint or finishes.
- They should select a bed frame that contains a safe design with no sharp edges that could be hazardous.
- While choosing a bed for a toddler, ensure that the bed sits lower to the ground so that if they fall, they won't have any major injury.
- Select innerspring mattress instead of foam mattress, so that it does not degrade with moisture and keeps the spine and provides best skeletal support and comfort while sleeping.
- It's not only the dust mite free bed that matters, tidy sheets and pillow covers also play a huge role in keeping a child's body free from diseases.
Choosing a bed for your child might take some time and money but it's vital that you provide them with the right furniture and mattress for a healthy body development and growth. A happy kid will definitely keep you happy as well. Choose well before you jump into hasty conclusions.